Castle European Ltd RMVT
New Zealand’s longest established private motorhome importer
Private ‘on-behalf’ motorhome importation
Motorhomes being processed by Castle European Ltd RMVT
We’re the established experts and can import your motorhome from the UK to NZ
We practice what we preach: Five European motorhome trips and fourteen years of motorhoming in New Zealand (NZMCA #25834)
We’re long-established with unrivalled compliance experience. We’ve been importing motorhomes on-behalf of their owners since 2005
We have hundreds of satisfied customers and dozens of repeat customers from New Zealand, the UK, Germany, France, Switzerland and the Netherlands
We import motorhomes to NZ for Kiwis, NZ Residents, New Immigrants and Returning Residents as well as visitors from overseas
- We have been in this business since 2005 and have hundreds of satisfied customers.
- We act as intermediaries not dealers.
- We do not buy or sell vehicles – but we can source a vehicle on your behalf if you wish.
- We are service providers and we work for you.
- We assist with the shipping and importation of European motorhomes to NZ on behalf of private individuals.
- We assist NZ immigrants to import their motorhome when they move to New Zealand.
The cheapest way to own a new European motorhome
in New Zealand is by personal import.
If you’re interested in buying a motorhome in the UK for personal importation to New Zealand – even using it to tour Europe before it’s shipped home, please check us out.
Generally, UK spec UK/EU built motorhomes meet NZ compliance requirements without major modification.
- They have 240v 50Hz electrics (Same as NZ)
- They use appliances commonly seen in NZ (Dometic, Truma, Thetford, Smev etc.)
- State of the art super-efficient European diesel engines give superb performance with quietness and great economy.
- Most models now incorporate ABS brakes, electronic stability control, airbags and many other safety features.
They’re the safe option when it comes to imports.
- Source the model of your choice at a good price and from a reputable UK supplier
- Organise the paperwork to purchase the vehicle for export and avoid UK tax (New vehicles only)
- Arrange shipping and transit insurance
- Gain Customs and MAF(MPI) biosecurity clearance
- Obtain all necessary specification documents for the compliance procedure
- Submit the vehicle to a compliance certification centre for certification.
- Organise electrical, gas and self containment modification and certification
For further information click here or use the
“Contact Us” button at top right.
Or a returning resident?
Want to bring a motorhome?
We can advise on all aspects of this serious financial decision and if you wish we can provide a complete service of shipping, importation and on-road compliance so that your motorhome is delivered and on the road in as little time as possible. We’ll help point you in the right direction and unravel the red tape.
- Should you, can you?, bring your existing vehicle? *See below
- Should you change it? Buy a new one tax-free in the UK perhaps?
- The type you should bring – and the type you shouldn’t.
- The tax situation.
- The cost.
- The time required.
We can lay the myths to rest and and tell you what is and what isn’t possible and what risks you face.
Don’t take a chance with such a valuable asset. Let us help you make an informed decision.
Click here to go to our immigration/returning residents’ page.
*Recent changes to on-road compliance legislation now enable certain older model vehicles to be imported by new immigrants or returning residents who have been overseas for at least twenty one months.
Contact us for the rules surrounding this.
European Touring Information
Also included within this website is information relating to touring Europe by motorhome from our own experience. Motorhomes are our interest as well as our business and we hope to encourage others to enjoy the freedom, independence and adventure of travelling this way. We hope you’ll find this information both interesting and useful. It’s constantly updated and we welcome comments or contributions from anyone with information to share.
Click here or use the “Contact Us” button on the menu at top right.The information given on this website is based on the opinions of the author and readers act on this information at their own risk. It is recommended that all readers check this information independently before using it.